openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Frederic_Bell...@capgroup.com
Subject QueryCache scope question
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:36:37 GMT

I Apologise in advance if this question seems silly to you guys.

I am asking this question in order to finish a plugin for openjpa.
This plugin needs to implement the DataCache using Coherence - so I am
thinking that I will need to implmenet the QueryCache using Coherence to
inorder to make the QueryCache common accross all the JVMs in the cluster.

So here is the question:
Is it imperative for the QueryCache to be shared across multiple JVMs?
I suppose otherwise (when data gets removed from the L2 cache for example)
- a single JVM QueryCache could return wrong information since it would not
have been updated. Is this correct?