openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Frederic_Bell...@capgroup.com
Subject Re: QueryCache scope question
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:21:04 GMT
Thanks a lot for the answer,

Since I am finsihng up the plug in for openjpa - I am also doing the
QueryCache using Coherence - which is why I asked the question.
We were using kodo here but run into issues - the kodo plugin was not
powerful enough (not was it functional really).

Anyhow - this is why we are looking at opnejpa (and hibernate as well - but
I like OpenJPA better for now - specially since I saw that the StroeManager
code was using the named cache concept properly).
This is why I wrote the new OpenJPA plug in for Coherence.

PS: Would you guys be interested in a Coherence plugin for openjpa? I mean
I could contribute the code.

             "Patrick Linskey"
             <plinskey@gmail.c
                                       dev@openjpa.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             04/03/2008 11:44
                                       Re: QueryCache scope question

             Please respond to
             dev@openjpa.apach
                   e.org

>  Is it imperative for the QueryCache to be shared across multiple JVMs?
>  I suppose otherwise (when data gets removed from the L2 cache for
example)
>  - a single JVM QueryCache could return wrong information since it would
not
>  have been updated. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Note that Kodo ships with a Coherence plug-in for both data and query
caching.

-Patrick

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM,  <Frederic_Bellier@capgroup.com> wrote:

>  I Apologise in advance if this question seems silly to you guys.
>
>  I am asking this question in order to finish a plugin for openjpa.
>  This plugin needs to implement the DataCache using Coherence - so I am
>  thinking that I will need to implmenet the QueryCache using Coherence to
>  inorder to make the QueryCache common accross all the JVMs in the
cluster.

>  So here is the question:
>  Is it imperative for the QueryCache to be shared across multiple JVMs?
>  I suppose otherwise (when data gets removed from the L2 cache for
example)
>  - a single JVM QueryCache could return wrong information since it would
not
>  have been updated. Is this correct?

Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907