openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Frederic_Bell...@capgroup.com
Subject Remove toString from children of OpenJPAId - Please - please - please
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:32:56 GMT

I dont think anyone responded to this request yet - so I am asking again

I would like OpenJPA to remove all the toString() method on all children
class of OpenJPAId.

Reason: OpenJPAId class already has the toString() and it handles it well.
It puts the type and the id together - like this:
com.myCompany.Account-2345
This is very useful behavior when managing a cache (or even looking into
the log file).
Currently all the children have their own toString() which just outputs the
id - This is not useful becuase it is not possible to distinguish between
the types inside one cache. All types in the cache are DataCachePCData.

Frederic

PS: Can someone give me check in right in the code base... ;) - Have a good
week end everyone.