openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wisneski" <wisnes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: datacache behavior fetchPlan, insertable, updateable
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:24:23 GMT
The current OpenJPA behavior is that insertable=false or
updateable=false does correctly omit the field from the generated SQL
insert or update.   But it is not omitting the field from the
DataCache entry update.  And so an application may notice different
behavior when a Entity is populated from a database row vs. a
DataCache entry. A field mark insertable=false or update=false will
have its value restored whatever value it had when the Entity was
persisted whereas if a DataCache is not being used, the field will be
restored differently.

We will proceed on the basis that this is a bug.