openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Amy Yang" <yy...@bea.com>
Subject RE: about the initialization of DB2Dictionary
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:52:25 GMT
Hi Catalina,
Thank you very much.

Thanks,
Amy
-----Original Message-----
From: catalina wei [mailto:catalina.wei@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:14 AM
To: dev@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: about the initialization of DB2Dictionary

Hi Amy,
I am thinking about taking the if (isDB2ZOSV8xOrLater())  checking out
from
createIndexIfNecessary() method.
I think all DB2 product supports unique index creation (will double
check
that),
so you might try this to see if index is auto created for you.

This kind of changes requires regression verification against various
versions of DB2 before committing such changes.

The null pointer avoidance is checked-in under OPENJPA-555.

Catalina

On 4/2/08, Amy Yang <milotty@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Catalina,
> Thank you for the quick response.
> As you mentioned, one approach is adding some null check to avoid the
NPE.
> [...]
> connection to database?
> By the way, I've opened a JIRA issue for this problem:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-549
>

> Thanks,
> Amy
>
> 2008/4/2, catalina wei <catalina.wei@gmail.com>:
>

> > HI Amy,
> > Several methods in DB2Dictionary precondition is that
> > connectedConfiguration() is called so that databaseProductName and
> > databaseProductVersion are initialized.
> >
> > A quick fix for you is to modify isDB2... method to check for not
nulls,
> > for
> > example:
> >

> >     public boolean isDB2UDBV82OrLater() {
> >         boolean match = false;
> >         if (databaseProductName != null &&
> >             (databaseProductVersion.indexOf("SQL") != -1
> >             || databaseProductName.indexOf("DB2/") != -1)
> >             && ((maj == 8 && min >= 2) || (maj >= 9)))
> >             match = true;
> >         return match;
> >     }
> >
> >     public boolean isDB2ZOSV8xOrLater() {
> >        boolean match = false;
> >        if (databaseProductName != null &&
> >            (databaseProductVersion.indexOf("DSN") != -1
> >            || databaseProductName.indexOf("DB2/") == -1)
> >            && maj >= 8)
> >            match = true;
> >         return match;
> >     }
> >
> >     public boolean isDB2ISeriesV5R3OrEarlier() {
> >        boolean match = false;
> >        if (databaseProductName != null &&
> >            databaseProductName.indexOf("AS") != -1
> >            && ((maj == 5 && min <=3) || maj < 5))
> >            match = true;
> >        return match;
> >     }
> >
> >     public boolean isDB2ISeriesV5R4OrLater() {
> >        boolean match = false;
> >        if (databaseProductName != null &&
> >            databaseProductName.indexOf("AS") != -1
> >            && (maj >=6 || (maj == 5 && min >=4)))
> >            match = true;
> >       return match;
> >     }
> >
> >     public boolean isDB2UDBV81OrEarlier() {
> >         boolean match = false;
> >         if (databaseProductName != null &&
> >             (databaseProductVersion.indexOf("SQL") != -1
> >             || databaseProductName.indexOf("DB2/") != -1) &&
> >             ((maj == 8 && min <= 1) || maj < 8))
> >             match = true;
> >         return match;
> >     }
> >

> > This should resolve that  NullPointerExceiption, but requires user
> > manually create index if needed.
> >
> > If this fix works for you, I can commit the changes.
> >

> > Catalina
> >
> > On 4/2/08, milotty <milotty@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > Now I'm encountered a problem of NullPointerException like this:
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >      at
> > > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary.isDB2ZOSV8xOrLater(
> > > DB2Dictionary.java:392)
> > >
> > >      at
> > > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary.createIndexIfNecessary(

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.TableJDBCSeq.addSchema(TableJDBCSeq.java
> > > :244)
> > >
> > >      at
> > > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.addSequenceComponents(
> > > MappingTool.java:609)
> > >
> > >      at
> > > org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.addSequenceComponents(
> > > MappingTool.java:591)
> > >
> > >      at

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.record(MappingTool.java:477)
> > >      at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.run(MappingTool.java
> > > :1075)
> > >      at

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.ant.MappingToolTask.executeOn(MappingToolTask.ja
va
> > > :197)
> > >
> > >      at

org.apache.openjpa.lib.ant.AbstractTask.execute(AbstractTask.java:172)