openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Re: Native DELETE on MySQL
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:21:15 GMT

Yes, astersik was erroneous, but that wasn't the problem. Query:

     Query q = em.createNativeQuery("DELETE FROM nastavnik");
     result = q.executeUpdate();

still throws the same exception ("Callable statements not supported.").

And OPENJPA-459 stops me from using JPQL bulk delete on MySQL.

Regards,
Ognjen


Ignacio Andreu wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> DELETE * FROM test is wrong, the SQL sould be: DELETE FROM test
> 
> I don't know if this is your error but if you want to delete an object, you
> can use a JPQL sentence, something like:
> 
> m.createQuery("delete from test t");
> 
> Regards,
> 
> - Ignacio
> 
> 
> 2008/4/7 Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen@etf.bg.ac.yu>:
> 
>> Hi OpenJPA developers,
>>
>> When I try to execute bulk delete using native queries on MySQL, this
>> piece of code:
>>
>>    em.getTransaction().begin();
>>    try {
>>        Query q = em.createNativeQuery("DELETE * FROM test");
>>        result = q.executeUpdate();
>>        em.getTransaction().commit();
>>    } catch (Exception e) {
>>        em.getTransaction().rollback();
>>    }
>>
>>
>> seems to throw an exception "Callable statements not supported." (stack
>> trace below). Does anyone know why?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ognjen
>>
>> ----------------------
>>
>> 16  eUniversityPu  INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA 1.0.2
>> 282  eUniversityPu  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary
>> class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary" (MySQL 4.1.16 ,MySQL-AB
>> JDBC Driver mysql-connector-java-5.0.4 ( $Date: 2006-10-19 17:47:48 +0200
>> (Thu, 19 Oct 2006) $, $Revision: 5908 $ )).
>> <openjpa-1.0.2-r420667:627158 nonfatal general error>
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Callable statements not
>> supported.
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:3946)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:97)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:83)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:59)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SQLStoreQuery$SQLExecutor.executeUpdate(SQLStoreQuery.java:245)
>>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.update(QueryImpl.java:1039)
>>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:803)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.updateAll(QueryImpl.java:878)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.updateAll(QueryImpl.java:874)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.updateAll(DelegatingQuery.java:565)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.executeUpdate(QueryImpl.java:322)
>>        at
>> yu.ac.bg.rcub.soleil.session.Glavni.customNativeDeleteTest(Glavni.java:657)
>>        at yu.ac.bg.rcub.soleil.session.QueryTest.main(QueryTest.java:29)
>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Callable statements not supported.
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:910)
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareCall(Connection.java:4522)
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareCall(Connection.java:4470)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:275)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.prepareCall(PoolingDataSource.java:292)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:185)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:183)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:172)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:534)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:514)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:503)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SQLStoreQuery$SQLExecutor.executeUpdate(SQLStoreQuery.java:226)
>>        ... 8 more
>> <openjpa-1.0.2-r420667:627158 nonfatal general error>
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Callable statements not
>> supported.
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:3946)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:97)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:83)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:59)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SQLStoreQuery$SQLExecutor.executeUpdate(SQLStoreQuery.java:245)
>>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.update(QueryImpl.java:1039)
>>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:803)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.updateAll(QueryImpl.java:878)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.updateAll(QueryImpl.java:874)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.updateAll(DelegatingQuery.java:565)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.executeUpdate(QueryImpl.java:322)
>>        at
>> yu.ac.bg.rcub.soleil.session.Glavni.customNativeDelete(Glavni.java:641)
>>        at yu.ac.bg.rcub.soleil.session.QueryTest.main(QueryTest.java:33)
>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Callable statements not supported.
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:910)
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareCall(Connection.java:4522)
>>        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareCall(Connection.java:4470)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:275)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.prepareCall(PoolingDataSource.java:292)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:185)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:183)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection.prepareCall(DelegatingConnection.java:172)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:534)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:514)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLBuffer.prepareCall(SQLBuffer.java:503)
>>        at
>> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SQLStoreQuery$SQLExecutor.executeUpdate(SQLStoreQuery.java:226)
>>        ... 8 more
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message