openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From rlv j <Nathan.John...@RheinLand-Versicherungen.de>
Subject Re: License of enhanced or transformed code
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:16:03 GMT

>Isn't your software already combined with openjpa, irrespective of the
>enhancement?

I believe that 'my software' can be compiled to .class files while being
clearly not a derivative work because they are separable and only use
OpenJPA by linking.

Apache License 2 {
Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or
merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative
Works thereof. }

However, after OpenJPA alters the code of 'my software', is the result under
Apache License?