openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4 support?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:34:20 GMT
If we do down this path, we should look at replacing (or enhancing) our UUID
implementation with the UUID class that is now part of JDK 5 (
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/UUID.html).  I just heard
from a user that the random number version of the UUID (version 4) provides
for more efficient index processing.  This is part of the Java
implementation.  We should take a look at that as an alternative.

Kevin