openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Gustav Trede <gustav_trede_...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Interesting claims from CocoBase...
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:15:17 GMT
hello,

During 2007 I have tried to get hold of a trial edition of cocobase.
But after one hour long phone call with  one of their sales people(he
phoned me) and seveeral emails  its clear that
cocobase is only available if you pay several K usd upfront,  or sign a
legal binding document regarding future payments.

They are also very pesky about royalties,  if you are to use Cocobase
say with webservices technology, they demand that you sign special extra
expensive agreeements, alternative each target company/user need their
own license.

They flat out refuse to sell cocobase without massive support agreement
including onsite or remote education packages ,  cause the product "is
so complex",  "people need our support"...

Their "benchmark" data is also completely flawed, it lack all basic
information needed to verify their claims.
Combine that with the fact that we are unable to perform our own tests
without paying like 5K+ usd,  i cant consider them as a serious company
in the IT industry.

regards
  gustav trede