openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Ali H. Ibrahim" <aibra...@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: Integrating Autofetch with OpenJPA
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:10:58 GMT
Hi,

The way I deal with serializability right now is to make the tracking
state in entities/proxies transient which seems reasonable since the
tracking is a performance optimization and profiler is local.

The main issue is that callbacks for entities / collections is not
enough. In each entity / collection I need to store a reference to the
tracking object used to record accesses. I also need to monitor when the
entity is actually used for the first time by the program; this is not
the same as whether it is lazily instantiated since I want to monitor
access to entities that are already loaded. I was hoping that it would
not introduce too much overhead since the enhanced entities are already
instrumented for lazy access?

The perfect hook would be to able to modify the enhancing process.

Regards,

Ali