openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Reece Garrett" <RGAR...@co.pierce.wa.us>
Subject Serialization problem
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:57:34 GMT
Greetings all,

I am trying to do some intelligent serialization of my persistence capable classes. By intelligent
I mean that only fields that were in an active fetchgroup during retrieval should be serialized
(whether they are null or not).

Currently I am storing a transient list of properties that should be serialized in the model
objects themselves. After retrieving the object I populate the list by inspecting the fetchgroups
that were used for the retrieval. The list is then used by xsteam to determing if a property
of the object should be serialized. It is working but it's neither pretty nor performant.
Ideally, I want each active fetchgroup to fire a postload event and a callback receive a reference
to the object being retrieved and a reference to the fetchgroup that generated the event.
I could then inspect the fetchgroup attributes and populate my list. Unfortunately, the callback
only gets a reference to the object being retrieved so I cannot figure out which properties
were loaded.

Any insite is much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Reece