openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <>
Subject Re: How to wire up a StoreManager
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:53:18 GMT

  You can plug-in your store manager by the following:
   1. Extend AbstractBrokerFactory by overwriting the method
              protected abstract StoreManager newStoreManager();

      Let us call this extended BrokerFactory com.gigaspaces.BrokerFactory

   2. Let this method return an instance of your specialized StoreManager
       For example, here is the implementation of JDBCBrokerFactory:

       protected StoreManager newStoreManager() {
          return new JDBCStoreManager();

   3. Then at runtime specify
        <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory"

jcarreira wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a StoreManager that stores into and retrieves
> from GigaSpaces. What I need, though, is to be able to dependency-
> inject the StoreManager instance with its dependencies (for example
> the GigaSpace instance). As far as I can tell, OpenJPA uses the
> constructor via reflection to create the instance of the configured
> class for the StoreManager. This gives me no opportunity to wire it
> up with the stuff it needs to do its work, unfortunately.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Jason Carreira

Sent from the OpenJPA Developers mailing list archive at

View raw message