openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Primary key field generation with postgres
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:24:45 GMT
I use Postgres 8.2 with jdbc Type 3 driver.

I have got the following table definition:

create table ves.user

(id                    serial    not null,

 user                 varchar(20) not null,

 password         varchar(20) not null,

 constraint pk_ves_user primary key(id)

My PAO Class looks like:

@Table(schema="ves", name="user")

public class UserPAO implements Serializable {

            @Column(insertable=false, updatable = false)

            private long id;

Trying to insert a new user results in an persistence exception: The
invalid statement is reported

As: select currval('user_id_seq')

But the table is in the schema "ves", so the correct name of the
sequence is ves.user_id_seq.

If I put the table into the public schema, and omit the schema="ves"
statement in the @Table

annotation, all works.

How can I use automatic key generation with Postgres without putting the
table into the public schema??

Table generation and all other things did not work.

Thanks in advance,....