openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Line endings
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:09:04 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for volunteering to do this.

I recall we discussed whether to use LF or native. But I don't recall
the outcome.

The reason to use LF is for Windows users who use unix tools. The
reason to use native is for Windows users who use native tools
(Notepad). I personally don't care, except that my svn preferences
file is set up to use LF for new files (for another project).

Craig

On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:41 AM, David Ezzio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I understand it, files within the SVN repository are either text
> or binary, and if text, they have as a property one of the five SVN
> settings: CR (Mac), LF (Unix), CRLF (DOS), native (convert to/from
> client platform) or as-is (no conversion, no regimentation).
>
> Currently, the OpenJPA repository has text files for three of these
> settings.  Most are as-is, a few are LF, and the remainder are native.
>
> As I understand it, native is the preferred attribute for text files
> as SVN will take care to convert to and from the client's platform
> preference upon update and commit.
>
> I believe it would be a relatively simple matter for me to convert
> all of the files to one agreed upon format, anytime that we'd care
> to do so.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> David

Craig Russell