openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Lee" <allee8...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Release Policy
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 04:22:40 GMT
* Major release - Should the major release parallels to the JPA spec
numbering?

* Backward compatibility - I just want clarifications on the following
scenario:
  - application compiled in (n)th release can execute in (n+1)th release
without re-compilation.
  - application, with no source change, re-compiles in (n+1)th release can
execute in (n)th release.
  - application, with source change that use new functions, re-compiles in
(n+1)th release can only be executed in (n+1)th release.

Thanks,
Albert Lee.

--
Albert Lee.