openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compilation errors on trunk
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:18:22 GMT
This is just my understanding of how it works, any maven gurus out there can
correct me.

-Dtest=xxxx is a Surefire setting and will execute any test(s) that match
xxxx (not sure whether it supports wildcards). Unless you have a test class
named false, no tests will execute and  the build will report sucess (at
least from the command line).

-Dmaven.test.skip=true is a more general maven setting which tells maven not
to compile the test code, or to run surefire. The build will report success.

I forgot about OPENJPA-347 and didn't think to check existing JIRA reports.
The ant task can certainly be made to skip the enhancer if -Dtest=false is
specified. We'll have to avoid naming any testcases false but that shouldn't
be too big of a deal..

-Mike

On Feb 7, 2008 9:05 PM, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@gmail.com> wrote:

> -Dtest=false is a surefire thing. But note that now that we're using
> the more recent version of surefire, -Dtest=false will report failure
> at the end of the test run; -DskipTests will skip tests and report
> success.
>
> -Patrick
>
> On Feb 7, 2008 6:33 PM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The related build issue is enhancer still runs even when -Dtest=false
> >      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-374
> >
> > This unnecessary enhancement slows down a modify-build-test-debug cycle.
> >
> > Some maven expert may suggest how to enhance conditionally?
> >
> > More naive question:
> > which part of the build switches off the surefire test execution when
> > -Dtest=false?

PC

> > > persistence-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

> > > ------

> > > ------

> > > /Users/clr/openjpa/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/test-
> > > classes

> > targets

JDO? O,