openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extension to OpenJPA for distributed databases
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:32:34 GMT
Hi,

I see that you've gone a head and done the commit for this. Some questions:

1. At one point, Slice had a mock XA transaction manager in it. Has
this been removed? I strongly feel that OpenJPA should not be in the
business of XA transaction management.

2. I see that you changed some stuff outside of the new openjpa-slice
module. Do these changes mean that slice is now part of 1.1.0? I think
that we might want to spend more time reviewing and discussing before
including this in a shipping product. One way to address this could be
by creating a branch; another could be by leaving it in trunk but not
changing the build.

-Patrick

On Feb 6, 2008 9:10 AM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Some of you have reviewed this extension. Based on your responses, I
> have integrated openjpa-slice module with OpenJPA in my local
> environment.
> I am planning to commit the same to the repository by end of today.
>
>   Regards --

of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907