openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release planning
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 02:04:23 GMT
> It looks like we're closing in on a 1.0.2 release.

Indeed. I'm planning to go through the unscheduled bugs tomorrow to
get a feeling for other issues that need to be in 1.0.2, and start the
process of trying to get to 1.0.2 readiness over the next weeks.

> There has been a
> request for an official release that contains the streaming LOB
> support, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-130 that is not
> yet completely documented and not ported to 1.0.2.

As ever, I'm hesitant about porting new features to maintenance
releases. It could be that parts of OPENJPA-130 are easy enough to
port in a harmless way, but until I see evidence of that, I'd vote no
about adding new features to 1.0.2. Instead, we might want to start
figuring out what needs to be done for 1.1.0.

> I'd also like to start thinking about JPA 2.0 work. How should we
> handle this? Seems that we would want to call the release that
> supports JPA 2.0 OpenJPA 2.0. When we do start working on this, should
> we use the trunk or a branch for it?

That does seem natural.

I think that I prefer making a branch, since we won't be able to
release JPA2 for some time anyways. Then, we can just track JPA2
compliance in that branch, and do other new feature / perf work in
trunk.
-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey