openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compilation errors on trunk
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:55:37 GMT
Hi Rahul,

I think you must be squared away now.

For me, the -Dtest=false works, provided that one sets the flag to
ignore the issue of no tests running, and provided that running
enhancement is not an issue.

Likewise, the -DskipTests=true also works.  The enhancer still runs.  I
think the enhancer's running in spite of skipping tests might be fixed
in a later checkin, based on other postings here.  I am still at r619412.

David

Patrick Linskey wrote:
> -Dtest=false is a surefire thing. But note that now that we're using
> the more recent version of surefire, -Dtest=false will report failure
> at the end of the test run; -DskipTests will skip tests and report
> success.
>
> -Patrick
>
> On Feb 7, 2008 6:33 PM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The related build issue is enhancer still runs even when -Dtest=false
>>      http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-374
>>
>> This unnecessary enhancement slows down a modify-build-test-debug cycle.
>>
>> Some maven expert may suggest how to enhance conditionally?
>>
>> More naive question:
>> which part of the build switches off the surefire test execution when
>> -Dtest=false?

PC

>>> persistence-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

>>> ------

>>> ------

>>> /Users/clr/openjpa/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/test-
>>> classes

>> targets
O,

>> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.