openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Line endings
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:09:30 GMT
Hi,

Based on an experiment, it looks like the regimentation of existing
files to native will be easy to perform.

In r619411, I changed two files from as-is to native.  One was present
on my client with Unix line endings and one was present with DOS line
endings.  I changed the eol property for both files to native and
committed.  When updated from the server, they both came down with DOS
line endings, the appropriate native translation for my Windows machine.

On the downside, the file that was in DOS line endings was converted on
the server and recorded in the change notice as the entire file changing.

I propose that I find an hour or two next week and regiment all files
with a non-native setting to the native setting (about 60% of the code
base).

David