openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@apache.org>
Subject Line endings
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:41:50 GMT
Hi,

As I understand it, files within the SVN repository are either text or
binary, and if text, they have as a property one of the five SVN
settings: CR (Mac), LF (Unix), CRLF (DOS), native (convert to/from
client platform) or as-is (no conversion, no regimentation).

Currently, the OpenJPA repository has text files for three of these
settings.  Most are as-is, a few are LF, and the remainder are native.

As I understand it, native is the preferred attribute for text files as
SVN will take care to convert to and from the client's platform
preference upon update and commit.

I believe it would be a relatively simple matter for me to convert all
of the files to one agreed upon format, anytime that we'd care to do so.

Thoughts?

David