openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Pinaki Poddar" <ppod...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Extension to OpenJPA for distributed databases
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:10:20 GMT
Hi,
  Some of you have reviewed this extension. Based on your responses, I
have integrated openjpa-slice module with OpenJPA in my local
environment.
I am planning to commit the same to the repository by end of today.

  Regards --

-----Original Message-----
From: Pinaki Poddar
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:45 PM
To: 'dev@openjpa.apache.org'
Subject: Extension to OpenJPA for distributed databases

Hi,
  I would like to add an extension of OpenJPA that allows an application
to transact against a set of distributed, possibly hetereogenous,
horizontally-partitioned databases [2]. The project is named as Slice
and is similar in scope to Hibernate Shards.
  The development codebase so far been maintained in Apache Lab
repository and given its current state I propose to add the codebase to
a new openajpa-slice module.

  I request you to review current state of its implementaion [1] and
express your opinion/views on feasibility of my proposal.

  Regards --

Pinaki

[1] Slice website:
http://people.apache.org/~ppoddar/slice/site/index.html