openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hi , Need A Help
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:36:48 GMT
The PCEnhancerTask will run the OpenJPA PCEnhancer tool on your entities.
The Enhancer inserts additional bytecode into your compiled classes which
allows the OpenJPA runtime to track the state of your entities more
efficiently (among other things).

More detail is available in the OpenJPA manual at
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/ref_guide_pc_enhance.html.

In most cases running the enhancer is an optional step. If you're running in
an Application Server the contain will enhance many of your classes
automatically. There's also automatic subclassing support which works
outside of an Application Server (documented in section 2.4 of the link I
above).

I hope this helps. In general if you don't see any errors when you run the
PCEnhancerTask you're in good shape. If you want to see which classes it's
enhancing you can enable openjpa trace by adding this property to
persistence.xml :
<property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE"/>

-Mike