openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a 'contrib' space in openjpa repository
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:56:45 GMT
> c) A non-committer should be able to contribute to the 'contrib' space

I'm not sure about Apache policy, but I think that this might be a problem.

-Patrick

On Dec 17, 2007 8:23 PM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> OpenJPA architecture allows extensible feature derivations for various
> purposes such as non-relational datastores, customized mapping
> strategies support for loosely-typed data structures etc.
> To promote contributions from wider community of users and developers,
> here is a proposal:
> a) A 'contrib' space should be created in OpenJPA SVN repository for
> sharing any such contributions with the community.
> b) The entires in the 'contrib' space should neither imapct the build
> process or nor be a part of the distribution package. However, the
> entries must be available with requisite artifacts (e.g. source, build
> script, docs) for interested parties to build the extension and use with
> core openjpa downloads.
> c) A non-committer should be able to contribute to the 'contrib' space
>
> d) the contributions must adhere to the coding conventions and other
> software conventions followd by OpenJPA
>
>   Regards --
>
> Pinaki
>
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907