openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From jackson12 <kemin_c...@yahoo.com>
Subject merge only works with managed entity
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:12:50 GMT

Hi, We are trying to migrate our JBoss EJB3 application to IBM websphere with
OpenJPA. We noticed in OpenJPA, the merge method does not work with
non-managed entity. You have to retrieve the entity from DB, make some
changes and then call merge. But with JBoss's implementation, you don't have
to retrieve the entity from DB first. the merge method works fine for
non-managed entity.

Is there anyway for OpenJPA to work the same way as JBoss's JPA
implementation on this part? or is there a way in OpenJPA to make a
non-managed entity managed?

thanks in advance