openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ORM/data store testing
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 03:37:04 GMT
Hi,

If you extend AbstractStoreManager (or implement StoreManager in any
way, really), OpenJPA will take care of all the standard non-JDBC
parsing, creating of EMs, etc.

There is a very small set of test cases in the openjpa-xmlstore
module, which includes a very basic example of how to extend
AbstractStoreManager.

Many of the rest of our tests also would run against a non-JDBC store.
However, right now, most of them are packaged in
openjpa-persistence-jdbc, to facilitate integration with mvn's way of
doing testing. It would probably be possible to set something up in
mvn to have a separate downstream openjpa-persistence-tests module or
something that somehow dynamically includes the right upstream module
based on some setting.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey