openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Problem with @ManyToOne and @JoinTable
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:08:38 GMT
I'm a newbie, so forgive me if I'm not asking the question the right
way.

I have a join table in my DB :

+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field       | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| showId      | int(11) unsigned | NO   | PRI |         |       |
| inputFileId | int(11) unsigned | NO   | PRI |         |       |
+-------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

where showId and inputFileID are PKs in the show table and inputfile
table.

In my code for the InputFile class :

     @ManyToOne
     @JoinTable(name="Show2InputFile",
             joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name="inputFileId"),
             inverseJoinColumns = @JoinColumn(name="showId"))
     public Show getShow() {
         return show;
     }

When JPA is instrumenting my classes, it complains :

Caused by: <openjpa-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-r420667:588533 fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: You have supplied
columns for "com.joost.model.logistics.InputFile.show<element:class
java.lang.Object>", but this mapping cannot have columns in this
context.

I don't quite understand the error.  I use this same thing elsewhere
(I think) w/o a problem.  Can someone give me a hint?

geir