openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Christiaan <christiaan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance drop in AbstractHashedMap.clear()
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:56:35 GMT

Hi Kevin,
I think re-creating the Set is much faster as well. I've looked at the
implementation of
org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractHashedMap.clear() and it simply
iterates over all entries in the hashmap and sets all references to null.
Btw, as you can see in the backtrace (AbstractHashedMap_clear()run2.png)
each clear is being called in BrokerImpl.endOperation(), so this would be a
great performance improvement in the OpenJPA code.

kind regards,
Christiaan