openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposal for releasing 1.0.1
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:05:32 GMT
Hi Albert,

On Oct 24, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Albert Lee wrote:

> Thanks for all the positive responses.
>
> Let's plan on freezing the content of the 1.0.1 release on 10/29
> Monday and
> I'll start the necessary work for this release.
>
> (Do we need a official vote on this decision?)

We need to vote on the release itself but your informal request for
feedback is sufficient to notify everyone.

Normally, in Apache projects, the minimum comment period on a
proposal is three days. Since you sent the request for comments on
Monday, Thursday would be the comment period close day.

If no one has anything negative to say before close of comments, we
will have consensus. But you can continue to plan your work...

Craig

> Please post here if you have any concerns on the timing of this
> proposal.
> Otherwise I'll proceed as plan on 10/29.
>
> Thanks again.
> Albert Lee.
>
> On 10/23/07, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Theoretically, this process should be a bunch easier now that we have
>> an automated build machine running builds and uploading release
>> candidates on the 1.0.x line.
>>
>> Currently, the 1.0.x build is passing the CTS and all our tests
>> against Derby. A new release candidate build is automatically
>> triggered every time a change is made in the 1.0.x line.
>>
>> -Patrick
>>
>> On 10/22/07, Albert Lee <allee8285@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> We have a need to freeze and build the current content of the
>>> 1.0.1release.
>>>
>>> With Mike Dick's help and guidance, I am volunteering to do this
>>> release
>>> work.
>>>
>>> I am wondering if the community has any objection to this
>>> proposal. We
>> are
>>> looking to make this happen in the next couple/few weeks time frame.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Albert Lee.
>>>

>> --
>> Patrick Linskey