openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Lee" <allee8...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven build for Examples Integration Tests compile error
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:51:32 GMT
We changed the inheritAll to "true" in openjpa-integration\examples\pom.xml,
where it drilled down the test case tree's build.xml

                        <subant inheritAll="true" failonerror="true">
                            <fileset dir="${examples.base}"
                                includes="*/examples/*/build.xml"/>
                        </subant>

With this change, the compile target was successful but failed in the run
target because the basedir was not the build.xml is expected. Hence we can
either compile OR run but not both.

How important is to exercise the examples-profile in preparation of the
release candidate as documented in the "Making an OpenJPA Release"? Can this
profile be run manually? What approach/strategy should it take to make sure
we have a good release build?

Advice is appreciated.
Albert Lee.