openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Change "connecting to dictionary" message from Info to Trace?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:33:28 GMT
Hi,
Currently, we issue the following message as an Info message whenever we
don't have enough configuration data to determine the proper dictionary to
use.  The message seems to be overkill, especially when running within a
Container environment and the use of <jta-data-source> and
<non-jta-data-source> elements.  It's very confusing to our Application
Server customers when they are using the JPA-defined constructs for
accessing the jta and non-jta datasources.  The message makes it sound like
they are missing some configuration, where in reality they have done
everything right and we just need to query the datasource to determine the
right dictionary to use.

I can kind of understand it when using the openjpa.Connection* properties to
define your datasources, but even then, do we need to log this as an Info
message?

connecting-for-dictionary: OpenJPA will now connect to the database to
attempt \
    to determine what type of database dictionary to use.  To prevent this \
    connection in the future, set your openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary \
    configuration property to the appropriate value for your database (see \
    the documentation for available values).

Would there be any backlash if we changed this message to a Trace level
message instead?

Thanks,
Kevin