openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: merging to 1.0.x
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:07:16 GMT
Hi Patrick,
It seemed like a lot of "fixes" were going into the 1.1.0 release and not
making it back into the 1.0.x release.  Since it seemed like it might be a
while before we develop enough new feature content to warrant a bump from
1.0.0 to 1.1.0, I think it would be worthwhile to keep 1.0.x up-to-date as
far as fixes are concerned.  I had done a quick JIRA query and found that we
had close to a dozen fixes in the 1.1.0 release that had not made it back to
the 1.0.x release.  Reading through the JIRA reports, the problems sounded
like plain old defects and not new features.  I started to move some of the
changes back to the 1.0.x release and then Mike started to help out.

So, from a release maintenance viewpoint, I would like us to be more
diligent with ensuring that defect fixes make it back into the current
maintenance release (as well as trunk).  Of course, there may be reasons why
this may not make sense due to the extent of the changes, but so far the
changes have been pretty minimal.  The most extensive change is with the
Java 2 security changes at this point.

If I am misinterpreting the x.y.z release conventions, then let's discuss
that.

Thanks,
Kevin