openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Co <...@exist.com>
Subject OpenJPA all jar has transitive dependencies on openjpa-*.jar
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 02:26:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but it seems that the
openjpa all jar has direct dependencies on openjpa-* jar. Including the
openjpa all jar in a project dependency would include the openjpa-* jar
as transitive dependencies, which is maybe a little redundant? (I could
do exclusions, but that would defeat the convenience of using the all
jar :) ).

I would suggest including the openjpa-* dependencies as dependencies of
the antrun plugin, so it could extract them, and including the
geronimo-jpa, jta, serf, etc dependencies as the direct dependencies of
the all jar. I could raise a jira and attach a patch if you guys think
its worth doing. :)

Thanks!

Regards,
Adrian Co