openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject OpenJPA, Rails and JRuby
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:07:53 GMT
Hi guys,

I wanted to bring to your attention an open source project (see [1]) that
has been started to implement a Java-persistence enabled version of
ActiveRecord (the Rails persistence layer). The goal is basically to plug a
Java persistence engine under ActiveRecord, which would then run inside
JRuby (see [2] for the blog post from Ola Bini that started this). They've
started with Hibernate, I guess just because they didn't know OpenJPA very
well. I've been mildly encouraging them to give OpenJPA a try (see comments
on [3]) but they're asking pretty detailed questions about mapping
possibilities and I'm not really qualified enough to answer (see last
comment on [3]).

Anyway if you feel like it's something interesting, it's in your hands ;)

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://code.google.com/p/activehibernate/
[2] http://ola-bini.blogspot.com/2007/04/activehibernate-any-takers.html