openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA snapshots
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 05:58:19 GMT
Patrick-

On Aug 28, 2007, at 7:04 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like the nightly builds are not coming from trunk anymore.

They are (or, at least, should be). Last night's build was successful
and can be found at:

   http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/downloads/

If tonight's builds successfully, you should see it at the new
version (which I just updated in the trunk today):

   http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/downloads/

Note that since we decided against deploying artifacts to the Apache
maven repository, nothing is currently being uploaded to the maven
repository. I have yet to figure out a good solution to getting just
the jars but not the installed artifacts into the repo.

> Additionally, currently, the snapshots are built and uploaded from
> Marc's laptop, and I don't think that he'll have very good
> connectivity while he's on vacation.
>
> So, I'm planning to set up a job that runs the following script,
> triggered by checkins. Is there anything else that I should be putting
> in the script? Will this cause the snapshot to be uploaded to the
> "right" location?
>
> #!/bin/sh
> export MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
> export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin/scripts/maven-2.0.7/bin
> dir=/tmp/openjpa-snapshot-$$
> mkdir -p $dir
> cd $dir
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/trunk .
> mvn --batch-mode package
> -Djava14.jar=/usr/lib/jvm/j2sdk1.4.2_15/jre/lib/rt.jar && \
>     mvn --batch-mode install -Pexamples-profile,tck-profile && \
>     mvn --batch-mode deploy -Duser.name=pcl
> -Ptest-derby,javadoc-profile,docbook-profile,sign-release -Dtest=false
> && cd /tmp && rm -rf $dir

That won't work, since "deploy" no longer uploads anything. You need
to use site:deploy instead. FTR, here is my nightly build script:

#!/bin/bash -e
DIR=/tmp/openjpasnapshot/
rm -rf ${DIR} || echo New directory

mkdir ${DIR}
cd ${DIR}
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/trunk

cd ${DIR}/trunk/

mvn clean install -Dtest=false && MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx900m mvn --batch-
mode deploy site -Ptest-derby,tck-profile,examples-profile,license-
verify-profile,javadoc-profile,docbook-profile,sign-release -
Djava14.jar=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
1.4.2/Classes/classes.jar

# check sigs
gpg --verify target/site/downloads/*-binary.zip.asc
gpg --verify target/site/downloads/*-source.zip.asc

# Upload site (only snapshots). See pre-sync'd site at:
#  links -http-proxy 140.211.11.10:80 -dump http://openjpa.apache.org/
builds/
# Will be eventually available (11 minutes after the hour) at:
#  http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/
mvn projecthelp:effective-pom | grep -- '-SNAPSHOT</version>' && mvn
--batch-mode site:deploy