openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REMINDER] 1.0.0 branch tonight
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:31:45 GMT

We will create a "1.0.0" branch as per the existing release process
at http://openjpa.apache.org/releasing-openjpa.html , so that if
anyone objects to the release for technical reasons (e.g., misplaces
license file), we can make those repairs in the "1.0.0" branch and
then re-cut the release without worrying about other changes that may
have been slipped into the trunk.

Whether or not we have a parent "1.0" branch to the "1.0.0" branch is
not something I have considered. Does anyone have any thoughts about
this? If so, we'll need to make it clear to people what work should
go into the "1.0" branch and what work should go into the trunk.
Since we don't have much of a long-term roadmap yet, it might make
sense to wait until we know which major features will go into OpenJPA
1.1, 2.0, 3.0, etc. However, I don't have strong objections to making
a "1.0" branch.

Thoughts?