openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPAPersistence extends Persistence; should we remove this?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:29:39 GMT
Patrick-

I don't know anything about the nature of the problems with the
Persistence provider registry, but I don't see any reason why
OpenJPAPersistence should need to extend Persistence.

However, I can't imagine how simply removing the inheritance
connection would solve anything. Are you suggesting that we replicate
the Persistence functionality (like createEntityManagerFactory()) in
our own OpenJPAPersistence class?