openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Post-1.0.0 release actions
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 04:42:36 GMT
I'd like to say good job, well done. Can I say now that you've earned
your time off?

more below...

On Aug 29, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> OpenJPA Developers-
>
> With my remaining awesome (albeit waning) 1.0.0 Release Manager
> powers, I went ahead and executed a few actions that we had discussed:
>
> 1. Cut a new branch for maintenance on the 1.0 line at http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.x/ (I thought "1.0.x"
> would be cleared than the branch name "1.0" which we have
> previously mentioned). Bug fixes destined for releases 1.0.1,
> 1.0.2, etc. should go on this line.
>
> 2. Made a tag of the release at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
> openjpa/tags/1.0.0/
>
> 3. Updated the release instructions at http://cwiki.apache.org/
> openjpa/releasing-openjpa.html to reflect the new procedures.
>
> 4. Semi-manually updated the maven repository at /www/
> people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository as per the
> release page. If all goes well, the OpenJPA modules should be
> available from http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/openjpa soon.
>
> 5. Merged up the changes in the 1.0.x branch into trunk (by running
> the following command in a freshly checked-out trunk view: vn merge
> -r  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.x/,
> fixing the conflicts, the committing).
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Should we move our continuum build at http://vmbuild.apache.org/
> continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?projectGroupId=18 over to the
> "1.0.x" branch, or keep in on "trunk"?

We can actually configure continuum to build both trunk and 1.0.x,
and I'd think that this should be the default going forward. It makes
sure that both the future 1.1 and the future 1.0.1 packages remain
buildable (once we figure out why the distribution doesn't build from
continuum).

> Unless there are any other issues with the release, thus ends my
> tenure as OpenJPA 1.0.0 Release Manager. Thank you to everyone who
> helped make this release a success!
>
> Moving forward, I believe we should work towards a 1.0.1 release
> with a new Release Manager soon, if for no other reason than that
> any issues with the release instructions can be handled while they
> are still fresh in my mind. Note, however, that I am going to be on
> vacation for the entire month of September, so I won't be able to
> assist with anything until October.

Another part of the post-release analysis is deciding on how to
update the release instructions. Last I looked earlier in the week
they still reference the incubator. And we need to update the
instructions to add the post-release merge back to the trunk...

Craig

> --
> Marc Prud'hommeaux

Craig Russell