openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Gene Wu <gene...@hotmail.com>
Subject Classloader Question of OpenJPA.
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:14:32 GMT

Hi,I am writing a handy tools with a simple user interface. It can verify persistence.xml
and annotation setting of the classes of. Also, it can run JPQL like the SQL browser.In this
case, I implemented a basic classloader to load those persistence entity classes from Jar
files, which were configurable from UI. Here are my initial thoughts:1. Classloader will load
OpenJPA and persistence classes.-- I tried. My classloader is too simple to make a perfect
support of every requirement from OpenJPA. It failed when it was loading FactoryBroker. After
I inject my classload to Thread, I still have the following error:              "Caused by:
<0.0.0 fatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: There
was an error when invoking the static getInstance method on the named factory class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCBrokerFactory".
 See the nested exception for details."              "Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException:
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProductDerivation:java.lang.NullPointerException"2.
Classloader load persistence classes only.-- I didn't find a way to have a special class loader
to load the persistence entity class in OpenJPA. Does any one have experience on that? Maybe
we can have an entrance in OpenJPAPersistence for specified classloader by user.Thanks,Gene.
Recharge--play some free games. Win cool prizes too!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink