openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Post-1.0.0 release actions
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:22:21 GMT
OpenJPA Developers-

With my remaining awesome (albeit waning) 1.0.0 Release Manager
powers, I went ahead and executed a few actions that we had discussed:

1. Cut a new branch for maintenance on the 1.0 line at http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.x/ (I thought "1.0.x"
would be cleared than the branch name "1.0" which we have previously
mentioned). Bug fixes destined for releases 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. should
go on this line.

2. Made a tag of the release at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
openjpa/tags/1.0.0/

3. Updated the release instructions at http://cwiki.apache.org/
openjpa/releasing-openjpa.html to reflect the new procedures.

4. Semi-manually updated the maven repository at /www/
people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository as per the release
page. If all goes well, the OpenJPA modules should be available from
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/openjpa soon.

5. Merged up the changes in the 1.0.x branch into trunk (by running
the following command in a freshly checked-out trunk view: vn merge -
r  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.x/, fixing
the conflicts, the committing).

Questions:

1. Should we move our continuum build at http://vmbuild.apache.org/
continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?projectGroupId=18 over to the
"1.0.x" branch, or keep in on "trunk"?

Unless there are any other issues with the release, thus ends my
tenure as OpenJPA 1.0.0 Release Manager. Thank you to everyone who
helped make this release a success!

Moving forward, I believe we should work towards a 1.0.1 release with
a new Release Manager soon, if for no other reason than that any
issues with the release instructions can be handled while they are
still fresh in my mind. Note, however, that I am going to be on
vacation for the entire month of September, so I won't be able to
assist with anything until October.

--
Marc Prud'hommeaux