openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject multiple xml mapping files found on classpath
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:24:23 GMT
Hi,
In a persistence.xml, I have a specific xml mapping file identified:

<mapping-file>OrderOfInvocationORM.xml</mapping-file>

I am finding that our processing in AbstractCFMetaDataFactory is looking for
and processing all instances of "META-INF/OrderOfInvocationORM.xml" in the
classpath, not just the first one.  It just so happens that a test
environment that I am processing in had multiple versions of this file
available in the classpath (both my ejb and web modules).  This multiple xml
mapping file processing surprised me.

I understand where we need to search for multiple versions of the generic
"META-INF/orm.xml" file in the classpath, but I would have expected that we
only process a single instance of a specific named xml mapping file.

Of course, you could argue that if you do have multiple copies available on
the classpath and we're only supposed to process one of them, which one do
we process?  First, last, all of them as we do today?

I've read through the spec and the Pro EJB3 book and although they imply a
single file will be processed, it's not explicit.  So, I'm looking for any
other interpretations or findings in the spec that would indicate whether we
are processing correctly or not.

Thanks,
Kevin