openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post-1.0.0 release actions
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:25:16 GMT
Can you ask continuum-users or -dev?

The branch support in Continuum is quite new and I don't have a lot
of experience with it, so Emmanuel will give a better answer.

My impression is that, at the moment, the branch support is still
suited to switching a single project, not maintaining multiple ones,
so a separate group is probably appropriate (it's what we do on the
Maven one).

Cheers,
Brett

On 31/08/2007, at 3:30 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> We'd like to build both trunk and branches/1.0.x using continuum.
> These are two living code lines (with more to be added over time).
>
> What's best practice in terms of continuum? I think adding a second
> project called OpenJPA 1.0.x would be appropriate, instead of
> adding 14 new projects to the existing OpenJPA project.
>
> Please advise,
>
> Craig
>
> Begin forwarded message:

>>> We can actually configure continuum to build both trunk and
>>> 1.0.x, and I'd think that this should be the default going
>>> forward. It makes sure that both the future 1.1 and the future