openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best way to set default schema across all entities
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:35:01 GMT
> supported.  Does setting the default schema in the orm.xml only apply to
> entities that are also mapped in there?

Yes, I believe so. Imagine that you had multiple orm.xml files: which
schema definition would be the right default one?

> Maybe the Java entities (with
> no schema set via an annotation) are somehow overriding the schema
> defined in the orm.xml.  What is the expected behavior here?

I would expect that entities that do not specify a schema would go
into the default schema, based on the database credentials in the
absence of any OpenJPA-specific configuration.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907