openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing install experience of OpenJPA
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:48:11 GMT
I don't think that we are really gearing our source download for the
first-time user, correct?

Does the log message show the 0.0.0 stuff in the source download or in
the built download?

-Patrick

On 8/21/07, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> 1. Log message shows:
> openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA 0.0.0
>
> 2. mvn clean install
>   or mvn install
> Running the test suite takes too long time for first-time user
> experience.
> Some of the tests wait more than a minute.
> And eventually the build fails due to test failure with OutOfMemory
> error.
>
> 3. mvn package -Dtest=false
> works.
>
> Is there a way for install/package to bypass test by default?
>

> Pinaki Poddar
> 972.834.2865

of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907