openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r567962 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/sql/DB2Dictionary.java
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:41:06 GMT
On 8/21/07, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice catches, Patrick.  These 1.5-specific items keep slipping through.
> I've been talking with Mike and Marc about this -- maybe there's something
> more automated that can be done to help prevent these type of changes from
> slipping through.

So Marc and I both catch these things because we're running automated
build systems that run with the elaborate arguments required to link
against the 1.4 jars. One possibility would be for you guys to compile
with those same args, but that's a bit of a pain. Another would b e
for me to finally get around to making my CI system available to
others who want access to it. I'll look into that in the next day or
so.

> The other change you caught with the unbalanced parens kind of scares me.
> We ran both the regression bucket and JPA TCK against DB2 without this
> getting caught.  Maybe this particular path isn't executed by those tests.
> I am checking with Teresa to see if we need some new testcases for this.

As Teresa mentioned, the code itself was fine; the balancing was just
being done across a method boundary.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey