openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fetch Groups
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:21:35 GMT
Are you running the enhancer, or running without enhancement?

Is this code in a format that you could attach to a JIRA issue so we
could play around with it?

-Patrick

On 8/13/07, Joe Grassel <jgrassel@mac.com> wrote:
> Ok, I commented out all the @FetchGroup annotations, and commented out the lines that
add the  fetchgroups to the fetchplan.  I still had the curious behavior that my address 1:1
relationship, now annotated explicitly as eager, was still not getting loaded, in fact it
started coming up null instead of a proxy object even.

> however, after I commented out these preceding lines (they appear before adding my fetchgroups
to the plan, I probably should have included them in my code snipper earlier):

> //            oem.getFetchPlan().clearFetchGroups();
> //            oem.getFetchPlan().clearFields();
>
> Then the address relationship started displaying eager behavior.  Did either or both
of the clear* operations remove the default fetch group from the plan?  If so, is that the
intended function?  I thought the clear*() operations were to remove any custom fetchgroups
that were added to the plan, and left default alone.

> On Monday, August 13, 2007, at 03:36PM, "Patrick Linskey" <plinskey@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >What if you remove the fetch group annotations, and just set fetch
> >type to eager on the relation? If that, or that + @Basic, works, then
> >it must be a problem with our fetch group traversal application.
> >
> >-Patrick
> >
> >On 8/13/07, Joe Grassel <jgrassel@mac.com> wrote:
> >> No change:
> >>
> >> SELECT t0.EMP_TYPE, t1.id, t0.dept_id, t0.description, t0.manager_id FROM Employee
t0 LEFT OUTER JOIN Address t1 ON t0.address_id = t1.id WHERE t0.id = ? [params=(int) 1]

prepstmnt 1983018546 SELECT t0.EMP_TYPE, t1.id, t0.dept_id, t0.description, t0.manager_id
FROM Employee t0 LEFT OUTER JOIN Address t1 ON t0.address_id = t1.id WHERE t0.id = ? [params=(int)
1]

be in the Address entity's place?

on FetchGroups, but I'm hitting some behavior that I was not expecting, based on what I read
from the manual.

{@FetchAttribute(name="address")} )

zip=0

entity's primary key is returned.  I was under the impression that with the AddressFetchGroup
added to the fetch plan, that the whole (Address) entity's persistent state would be eagerly
loaded.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907