openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unenhanced Classes
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:26:44 GMT
Hi,

Some brief notes:

>    In Java5 without an agent and enhancement, what doesn't work
> perfectly (I don't care about performance issues)?

- Lazy loading on user-created instances after flush

- generated value field / property access will not materialize the
generated value automatically

>    Does the Java6 redefine code work?

Yes, in at least Sun's Java 6 configurations.

>    In OpenEJB we don't use the OpenJPA agent (we have our own).  What
> do we have to do to get Java6 redefine working with OpenJPA?

Nothing. But if you've got your own agent and you know the list of
persistent types up-front, you might want to consider doing automatic
runtime enhancement instead of automatic runtime redefinition.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907