openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Equivalent class in OpenJPA.
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:17:25 GMT
Also, it'd be good to know more about where the cost is being
incurred. In particular, how fast are the query parses after the first
run?

-Patrick

On 8/3/07, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> 1.
>  Try using named/positional parameters in JPQL.
>
>  Query query = session.createQuery("select model from GeneralConfigDTO
> model where model.name = ?cname");
>  query.setParameter("cname", configName);
>
>  or
>
>  Query query = session.createQuery("select model from GeneralConfigDTO
> model where model.name = :1"); // index starts from 1
>  query.setParameter(1, configName);
>
>  If the query being executed multiple times, binding parameters will
> save repeated query compilation.
>
> 2. It may be useful to post the exact SQL being used by Hibernate &
> OpenJPA.
>

> Pinaki Poddar
> 972.834.2865

of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907