openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Fwd: Post-1.0.0 release actions
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:30:53 GMT
Hi Brett,

We'd like to build both trunk and branches/1.0.x using continuum.
These are two living code lines (with more to be added over time).

What's best practice in terms of continuum? I think adding a second
project called OpenJPA 1.0.x would be appropriate, instead of adding
14 new projects to the existing OpenJPA project.

Please advise,

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

>>> Questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Should we move our continuum build at http://
>>> vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?
>>> projectGroupId=18 over to the "1.0.x" branch, or keep in on "trunk"?
>>
>> We can actually configure continuum to build both trunk and 1.0.x,
>> and I'd think that this should be the default going forward. It
>> makes sure that both the future 1.1 and the future 1.0.1 packages
>> remain buildable (once we figure out why the distribution doesn't
>> build from continuum).

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!