openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.0.0 release (4th attempt)
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:38:42 GMT
+1 to release.

A few notes for next time:

1. The binary docs/javadoc/options file appears to be extraneous and
can be removed before packaging.

2. The source board directory is extraneous. I've already relocated
this directory in the source repository so future releases should not
be an issue.

3. The source derby.log file is extraneous.

4. The source src/site stuff needs to be pruned. I think it's
obsolete now...

Craig

On Aug 23, 2007, at 7:10 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> OpenJPA Developers-
>
> A fourth attempt is now being made to cut the 1.0.0 release after
> the discussion at http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Approve-
> OpenJPA-1.0.0-release-%282nd-attempt%29-tf4309295.html .
>
> A candidate build for OpenJPA 1.0.0 is available at:
>
>   http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.0/downloads/
>
> Please review these artifacts and signatures, and vote whether we
> should release them as Apache OpenJPA version 1.0.0. Release notes
> for this release are included in the artifact, or can be browsed at:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.0/openjpa-
> project/RELEASE-NOTES.html
>
> The Apache Release Audit Tool has been run on the release, and no
> missing licenses were found with the exceptions listed in the
> exclusion section of the "rat-maven-plugin" configuration in http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.0/pom.xml .
>
> In accordance with http://www.apache.org/foundation/
> voting.html#ReleaseVotes , three +1 votes will be sufficient to
> approve the release for publication. While it is not possible to
> veto a release, the vote will remain open for the standard 3 day
> period (ending at 22:00 EST on Tuesday 8/28) in order to allow
> people to thoroughly review the release and perform whatever
> additional testing they desire and raise any concerns or objections.
>
> A vote of "+1" means you approve of the release for publication,
> "-1" means you do not approve, and a "+0" or "-0" means you are
> neutral.
>
> Thanks in advance for your diligence in helping to ensure that the
> quality of the OpenJPA 1.0.0 release reflects the high quality of
> all of its contributors!

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!